• I’m a Colombian living permanently in the UK.
• I have a diploma in Product Design.
• I have worked as a Graphic Designer since leaving university (many, many years ago…).
• I’m also a website designer.
• I started designing patterns in 2011.
• I’m a sucker for florals and geometrics.
• I like designing prints with bold graphic elements, striking colour combinations & a playful attitude.
• I can’t live without colour… My kitchen is blue and yellow, with orange and green accents!
• I’m quite geeky… The computer is my best friend, and it’s very difficult to peel me from it.
• I like precision… I’m a perfectionist to the point of annoyance.
• I have 2 amazing boys that keep me on my toes.
• I love boxes, tins and any other existing containers.
• I love organising (everything and anything).
• I like dancing around when nobody is looking… And when everyone is looking.
• And apparently I stick my tongue out when I draw.
I was born in Colombia into a family of architects, designers and painters. Since I was very little I knew I wanted to do something creative for the rest of my life. I used to spend many afternoons sitting next to my mum at her drawing table, designing everything from fashion collections to blocks of flats with very detailed interiors!
I spent 5 years on my degree course in Colombia, trying my hand at various types of design that interested me. These included graphics, fashion, jewellery, furniture, packaging etc… After finishing university, I worked in a company designing materials for the fashion industry, including printed and woven labels, packaging, catalogues and posters. It was fast paced, graphic design mass production. Hard work but I loved it!
In the year 2000 I decided to come to England to study English and do a multimedia course for 5 months. My English teacher and I ended up falling in love and sooner rather than later the knot was tied! England became my home.
I worked in London for a web design agency for a few months and then the time came to create some littles ones. We moved down to Cornwall in 2003 and have been here ever since. I became a loving mama to two adorable, gorgeous boys that stole my heart in an instant. I put my design brain into pause to concentrate on being a mum for seven years, doing the odd creative job here and there for family and friends.
In 2011, after my youngest started school, I discovered the wonderful world of pattern and got completely hooked. I’ve been a pattern lover since I can remember and have always surrounded myself with lovely colourful patterns but never thought that I could actually create them. The idea started to form in my mind, maybe pattern design was the way forward!
Now patterns are all I can think about. I’m completely in love with the whole craft and my brain is spinning with ideas and future projects… My aim is to bring bold graphic elements, striking colour combinations and a playful attitude to the world of surface design.
• Existing designs, showcased in the Portfolio section, can be licensed or bought outright.
• For exclusive designs please contact me. I will give you access to my private collection.
• Most of my work is done in Adobe Illustrator. Some in Photoshop. All in my beloved Mac.
• All files delivered to clients will be EPS format unless a different format is required.
• These vector files are completely editable. The buyer will be able to change colourways and edit, add or get rid of elements (you’ll need Illustrator or similar application).
• They are also scalable to any size, without losing quality whatsoever.
• Most of my pattern designs are already in repeat. If they’re not, you can ask me to do it for you.
• If you like one of my designs but want to make a slight modification to it before buying, please contact me. I’ll do my best to help.
• All my design files are impeccable and pixel perfect, you’ll enjoy working with them!
“Working with Veronica has been a great pleasure both professionally and personally. Veronica is very enthusiastic, a great team player and an extremely talented designer. Veronica grasps really well the design direction and briefs given, adding her own signature and style to the projects. Her surface pattern design work is creative yet commercial. Vero has the talent, an open and fresh attitude and a great deal of determination. I really enjoy collaborating with her and I can see lots of success coming Veronica’s way.”
Rosie Martinez-Dekker • Believe Creative Studio
“Veronica and I have worked together on a number of projects. I have always been delighted with the work. Her attention to detail and intuitive understanding of what the client requires sets her apart, her work is creative and flawless. I very much enjoy collaborating with Vero as I know her work always exceeds my expectations.”
Amy Cooper • Amy Cooper Ceramics
“Veronica is a brilliant designer, she has a playful and vibrant style that I love. More importantly though, when working on a brief she listens to and understands what you want, and isn’t precious when you ask her to try a different direction, so she is really great to work with in a collaborative way. I have and will continue to recommend Veronica as a designer and look forward to my next project with her.”
Bianca Tonkin • The Flexi Sitters Club
“After Veronica was recommended to me, we got together for an initial meeting to bounce ideas around. Straight away she made me feel comfortable, listening to what I wanted and coming up with great ideas. Not only did she create wonderful designs, she helped me beyond that, being very patient and always on the end of the phone. It was a pleasure to work with her and I would highly recommend her to others.”
Sarah Coates • The Big Events
“Veronica’s work is outstanding and creative, and she is a very responsible person. I have no reservations about recommending her.”
Felipe Múnera • Marquillas S.A.
• The Pattern Base Book: Over 550 Contemporary Textile and Surface Designs
• Texitura Printing Design Magazine #49: Advanced Print Trends for S/S14
• Ali Benyon Designs: Surface Pattern Designers Top Tips Blog
• Sue Bulmer: Sketchbook Peeks
• Pattern Observer: GFH Pattern Contest Winners
• Nacho Filella Design
• Believe Creative Studio: Guest Designer
• Make It In Design
• Mel Smith Designs
• Bethania Lima Pattern Love
• Rachael Taylor Designs: Pattern Course Showcase 4
• Rachael Taylor Designs: Pattern Course Showcase 3
• Rachael Taylor Designs: Pattern Course Showcase 2
• Rachael Taylor Designs: Pattern Course Showcase 1
• Do What You Love For Life: Pattern Course Showcase 2
• Do What You Love For Life: Pattern Course Showcase 1